What is your relationship status?
Ecclesiastes 4:9-11 (NIV) 9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: 10 If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. 11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?
Consider removing aloneness in these ways:
- Be a friend first and look for ways to bless others.
- Do activities that you love and look around for those who share your passion.
- Talk to your friends and loved ones about your triumphs as well as your disappointments.
- Make it a point to not go to bed without touching base with someone. For married couples and family members you may be way more lonely than you think, don’t take for granted those who are near to you.
- Go to church and life groups and do not judge others before you get to know them.
- Ask for help completing a task.
- Be willing to risk disappointment.
If you are isolating, consider talking with your doctor and/or a counselor to rule out depression or anxiety interfering with your desire to connect.